The Wayne State Commencement ceremonies for 2017 graduates will take place on May 9 and May 10, 2017 at The Fox Theatre, located at 2211 Woodward Ave.
Matt Lockwood, WSU's director of communications, said each student will receive seven tickets.
Lockwood said the change of venue is due to renovations at Ford Field.
“There will be two ceremonies each day [at] 10 a.m. and 4 p.m.,” Lockwood said.
Over the course of two days, there will be four ceremonies.
The first ceremony, on May 9 at 10 a.m., will be held for the College of Fine, Performing and Communications Arts students, as well as for part of College of Liberal Arts and Sciences students. Majors involved in the first commencement ceremony for CLAS students are:
- African American Studies (B.A.)
- Anthropology (B.A., M.A. and Ph.D.)
- Asian Studies (B.A.) (Chinese, Japanese)
- Chicano-Boricua Studies (Co-Major)
- Classics (B.A.) (Classics, Greek, Latin)
- Classics (M.A.) (Ancient Studies, Greek & Latin, Latin)
- Employment and Labor Relations (M.A.)
- English (B.A., M.A. and Ph.D.)
- Gender, Sexuality and Women's Studies (B.A.)
- German and Mechanical Engineering (Joint B.A. and B.S.)
- German (B.A. and M.A.)
- Global Studies (B.A)
- History and Education (Joint M.A. and M.Ed.)
- History and Law (Joint M.A. and J.D.)
- History and Library Science (Joint M.A./M.L.I.S.)
- History (B.A., M.A. and Ph.D.)
- Industrial and Organizational Psychology (M.A.) (Ph.D.)
- Labor Studies (B.A.)
- Language Learning (M.A.) (Arabic, French, German, Italian, Latin, Spanish)
- Languages, Modern (Ph.D.) (French, German, Spanish)
- Linguistics (B.A.), Linguistics (M.A.)
- Near Eastern Languages (B.A.) (M.A.)(Arabic and Hebrew)
- Near Eastern Studies (B.A.)
- Peace and Conflict Studies (Co-Major)
- Philosophy (B.A., M.A. and Ph.D.)
- Psychology (B.A. and B.S., M.A. and Ph.D.)
- Public Administration (M.P.A.)
- Public Affairs (B.P.A.)
- Romance Languages (B.A. and M.A.) (French, Italian, Spanish)
- Slavic Studies (B.A) (Polish and Russian)
- Sociology (B.A., M.A. and Ph.D.)
- Urban Planning (M.U.P.)
- Urban Studies (B.A.)
The second ceremony on May 9, at 4 p.m., will be held for CLAS and the College of Education. The CLAS majors involved in the second commencement ceremony are as followed:
- Astronomy (B.A.)
- Audiology (Aud.D.)
- Biochemistry and Chemical Biology (B.S.)
- Biological Sciences (B.A., B.S., M.A., M.S. and Ph.D.)
- Biomedical Physics (B.S.)
- Chemistry (B.A., B.S. and Ph.D.)
- Communication Sciences and Disorders (B.A.)
- Communication Sciences and Disorders (Ph.D.)
- Computer Science (B.A.)
- Criminal Justice (B.S. and M.S.)
- Dietetics (B.S. and Post-Bachelor Certificate)
- Economics (B.A., M.A. and Ph.D.) (Joint M.A./Juris Doctor)
- Environmental Science Program (B.S.)
- Geology (B.A., B.S. and M.S.)
- Information Systems Technology (B.A.)
- Mathematical Economics (B.A.)
- Mathematics (B.A., B.S., M.A., Applied M.A., and Ph.D.)
- Molecular Biotechnology (M.S.)
- Nutrition and Food Science (B.A., B.S., M.A., M.S. and Ph.D.)
- Physics (B.A., B.S., M.A., M.S., and Ph.D.)
- Political Science (B.A., M.A., Joint M.A./J.D., and Ph.D.)
- Public Health (B.S.)
- Speech-Language Pathology (M.A.)
- Statistics, Mathematical (M.A.)
The third ceremony on May 10 at 10 a.m. will be held for College of Engineering students, as well as for Mike Ilitch School of Business students.
The fourth and final ceremony on May 10 at 4 p.m. will held be for the School of Social Work, the School of Library and Information Sciences, the School of Medicine, the Applebaum College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences and the College of Nursing.
“Wayne State University confers degrees at these ceremonies for graduates from the Winter and Spring/Summer semesters. The ceremonies are for students completing degrees only - Ph.D., Ed.D. Doctoral, Master and Bachelor,” according to the May Commencement website.
For more information, visit http://wayne.edu/commencement/may/.